Helping Union Members When They’re Laid Off
Union Plus Programs Offer These Benefits when You’re Laid Off
For eligible Union Plus or Teamster Privilege Credit Cardholders
- Job Loss Grant
After three (3) months as a cardholder, you may be eligible for a $300 Job Loss Grant
- Strike Grant
After three (3) months as a cardholder, you may be eligible for a $300 Strike Grant
- Union Plus Credit Card Layoff Helpline
Union members can call to see if other hardship payment benefits are available. Call the Union Plus Credit Card Program at 800-551-2873.
For Eligible Union Plus Mortgage Customers
- Union Plus Mortgage Assistance
Including providing a guaranteed loan of up to six (6) months to cover mortgage payments with $1,000 of repayment waived for eligible union members. Read about Union Plus Mortgage Assistance Program.
Assistance for Any Worker
- Working America Health Care
If you lose your health insurance due to layoff or other job changes, check out special enrollment options through the Working America Health Care program, premiums are typically less expensive than COBRA.
For all Union Members/Retirees*:
- Free Bankruptcy Counseling
Call the special bankruptcy line for the Union Plus Credit Counseling at 866-279-7197 to have your $50 filing fee waived. Read more about bankruptcy counseling and bankruptcy education.
- Union Plus Legal Service for a bankruptcy lawyer's discounted fees.
- Credit Counseling no-fee Debt Management Plan (DMP). Learn more and complete an online application here.
- Credit Counseling Free Budget Analysis
Call Union Plus Credit Counseling at 877-833-1745.
- Money- and credit-related tips on the Union Plus Blog
- Save My Home Hotline
The Union Plus Save My Home Hotline can offer you help and advice to avoid foreclosure. Call the Save My Home Hotline at 866-490-5361.
- Unemployment Lifeline
Visit the Unemployment Lifeline website for more information including search engine for local assistance programs.
- Union Plus Legal Service
Union Plus Legal Service-offers free 30-minute consultation and discounts.
- Union Plus Health Savings
Union Plus Health Savings offers free prescription card & discounts.
- Union Plus Life & Accident Insurance
Learn details about Union Plus Life & Accident waiver of premium without repayment.
- 100 Resources for Laid Off Employees and Job Hunters
Review this list of resources for laid off employees.